Sign up to receive updates from the candidate on the trail!
• Twenty years of teaching experience
• Social Studies and Bilingual Program Teacher with LAUSD
• Professor of Teacher Education at UCLA and Pepperdine University
• Director of Urban Education Program at Loyola Marymount University
• Sociologist of Education at Cal State Long Beach
• Social justice and equity-driven leader
• Recognized expert in teaching and learning, curriculum development, and urban education
• Effective track-record of building community educational partnerships and programs
• Ph.D. in Education from UCLA
• M.Ed. in Secondary Education from The George Washington University.
• B.A. in Criminal Justice & Political Science from
The George Washington University
Believe in building schools as sites for rigorous student learning while supporting parents, teachers, and principals with effective leadership.
Believe in celebrating student diversity while opening up new opportunities for bilingual and culturally rich curriculum in preparation for college.
Believe in bringing all community partners together to build consensus on how to provide the best learning opportunities for students.